Why is Thyroid function so important for a healthy metabolism?
The Thyroid is responsible for secreting certain hormones that control the metabolism and if it’s not functioning properly it can cause all sorts of symptoms.
Have you been feeling tired for no apparent reason, noticed weight changes, dry, brittle and thinning hair, skin conditions such as eczema, itchy skin, depression, muscle and joint pain or menstrual irregularities? If so, your Thyroid could be the reason.
There are many vitamins and minerals necessary for healthy Thyroid function such as Zinc, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E and Vitamin D but the two minerals I’d like to talk more about are Iodine and Selenium as they are the two most important ones. Iodine is required to make Thyroid hormone and the Selenium is necessary to activate the Thyroid hormone.
Check out the list of foods below to help naturally increase Selenium and Iodine in your daily diet.
- Beef, Lamb, Chicken and Turkey
- Brazil Nuts
- Seafood – Oysters, Mussels, Shrimp
- Mushrooms – Portobella, Shiitake
- Grains – Rice, Barley, Oats and Quinoa
- Seeds – Flaxseeds, Chia Seeds and Sunflower Seeds
- Raworganix Protein – contains Rice, Quinoa and Flaxseeds plus that extra protein hit for weight loss and blood sugar balance.
- Sea Vegetables – Kelp, Bladderwrack, Irish Moss, Nori
- Sushi – with seaweed
- Fish – Cod, Tuna
- Himalayan Crystal Salt
- Green Beans
- The “Metabolism Booster Pack” could also be a great six week programme for you
- Harmonia Deluxe Powder – contains Kelp, Bladderwrack, Parsley and many other powerhouse foods – www.right4yourtypeau.com